This post is written in partnership with World Market. All opinions and stories are 100% my own.
Italian food is by and far one of my most favorite types of food ever. It’s got so much comfort all wrapped up in it. And it just makes me happy. You want to know what else makes me happy? A really good risotto. Who doesn’t love a good risotto?? I’ve got an amazing Wild Mushroom Risotto recipe for you and it’s especially yummy! I can remember eating this Wild Mushroom Risotto back in 2009 and falling in love. I’ve made it a handful of times after I asked for the recipe…it was that good. I would probably make it more but my hubs does not like mushrooms. (party pooper!) LOL This recipe is so rich and decadent and oh-so-good. You will definitely love love love it too!
Wild Mushroom Risotto Ingredients
3 Packages of Santini Wild Mushrooms Mix (equates to about 3 oz. dried mushrooms)
2 cups Boiling Water
4 cups Zoup Chicken Broth
2 tablespoons World Market Olive Oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups Beretta Arborio Rice
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine (I picked up The Seeker in World Market)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Place the dried mushrooms in a bowl and wash them. After you’ve washed them, pour the boiling water over the mushrooms and cover with a towel and let them steep for 30 minutes.
2. While the mushrooms are steeping, chop your onion and mince your garlic. Chop your parsley and your dried rosemary. Grate your Parmesan cheese.
3. In a small saucepan, pour your chicken broth into the pan. Once the mushrooms have finished steeping, strain through a fine mesh sieve and pour the mushroom juices into the chicken broth. Heat to a simmer.
4. Rinse the mushrooms, squeeze them dry and chop them up.
5. Heat the olive oil in a deep sided skillet or heavy bottomed saucepan. Add the chopped onion and garlic and saute until translucent over medium heat.
6. Add in the chopped mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Add the rice, thyme and rosemary and cook until all the grains of the rice are coated with oil.
8. Add the wine and soy sauce and continue cooking, stirring until the liquid is almost absorbed.
9. Add in a ladle-full of the broth to the rice and stir constantly until it’s almost all absorbed.
10. Repeat this process for about 35 minutes or until the rice is cooked al dente (firm bite).
11. Add one more ladle-full of the broth, stir in the Parmesan and parsley and lots of black pepper. Stir.
12. Taste and figure out if you need more seasonings. Serve immediately.
13. Top off with more freshly grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from Mediterranean Light’s Risotto AI Funghi
If you are feeling all Italian-y, then I highly recommend you pop over to some of my blogger friends and check out there amazing Italian dishes as well!!
So let’s talk about the fun part of this post. It’s sweepstakes time!!! World Market, Bella Italia and ABC’s The Chew are offering one lucky person the trip of a lifetime!! A #GourmetGetaway y’all!!
I love ABC’s The Chew! It’s one of my favorite daytime tv shows. I love that they cook and chat at the same time and their personalities…come on y’all…Michael Simon…do I need to say more??
In case you aren’t familiar with The Chew, here’s the synopsis:
Celebrating and exploring life through food, “The Chew,” is an innovative and groundbreaking daytime series co-hosted by a dynamic group of engaging, fun, relatable experts in food, lifestyle, and entertaining. Produced by Gordon Elliott’s Chew Productions for the ABC Television Network, “The Chew” serves up everything food — from cooking and home entertaining to food trends, restaurants, holidays and more — all aimed at making life better, fuller and more fun. Featuring celebrity chefs Mario Batali, Michael Symon, and Carla Hall, entertaining expert Clinton Kelly and health and wellness enthusiast Daphne Oz, “The Chew” is a leap forward into a delicious new kind of lifestyle series.
Here’s the deets on the Sweepstakes because I know that’s what you are really interested in learning about….
Enter for a chance to win a trip for 2 to Italy. One lucky winner will receive the following:
Airfare & Accommodations
Cities: Sorrento, Milan, Capri
Italian cooking class
City and market excursions
Chefs Tasting dinners
$1,000 World Market gift card
Enter Here >>> #GourmetGetaway Sweepstakes
Want to shop this post??
Here’s what’s pictured from World Market:
Tea Towel underneath cast iron skillet: “My Only Plan Today is Coffee”
Charger: Square Madras Charger
Bowl: Spin Bowl
Bowl with Parmesan Cheese: Slanted Serving Bowl
Little Spoon for cheese: Slate Cocktail Spoon
Blue Napkin: Indigo Blue Linen Napkins
Brown Napkin: Chocolate Brown Linen Napkins
(Where I Party)