This article is sponsored by Ozarka® Brands Sparkling Natural Spring Waters. All opinions are my own.
Most of my days, during the week, are filled with reading documents. Or searching through indexes looking for documents. Basically, I read all day long. And I have to be on point all day while doing so because my job depends on me not making any errors. By the time my day has come to a close, I really don’t want to have to think too much any more as my brain is physically exhausted. Especially if I’ve been reading documents written in cursive back in the late 1800s. Like this one:
This one is circa 1847.
My go to “feel good” moment is a good book that I can just get lost into (or social media ramblings.) and a beverage (wine, milk, Lime-ade made with Sparkling Water) 😉 That’s why I read so much and consider myself a true Literary Junkie. But I don’t read the stuff that makes me work too hard. I read the stuff I can get lost in, the stuff I can move through without much contemplating. This helps me unwind from my crazy researching days. But sometimes a good book isn’t enough to help rid me of all my stress. Sometimes the “feel good” moment needs some more help. Here are 5 tips that I use to help me fully slow down, relax and get to that “feel good” moment.
1. Stop worrying. It doesn’t do anyone any good. Especially if it’s after business hours. It doesn’t do your body any good. It doesn’t do your face any good. I know this is always easier said than done, but seriously it doesn’t do anyone any good.
2. Do something for yourself. Whether it be reading a book in a quiet corner. Taking a hot bath. Drinking a glass of wine. Take 30 minutes to yourself. It will do you a world of good!
3. Turn off your electronic devices. If you live alone, tell your best friend what you are doing or your parents or your neighbor (just in case of emergency). Otherwise, enjoy being by yourself or with your family. Uninterrupted. I’ve always wanted to try this out: if you go out with friends or family for dinner, have everyone put their electronic devices in the center of the table. Whomever reaches to use their device first, pays for everyone’s dinner. I challenge you!
4. Talk to your best friend(s). Sometimes sharing does help release ones burdens. Sometimes the act of letting someone else in and seeing your stress/burdens from a different viewpoint can make all the difference in the world. Sometimes we just need to vent to make things all better.
5. Have a 5 minute Dance Party. Or 10 minutes. Or 15 minutes. Or however long you need to get it all out. And I’m not joking. You will be amazed at how you feel after dancing to some feel-good dance music. I do this quite often if I’ve been sitting down in a chair for too long. And then grab something refreshing to drink.
Recipe for Lime-ade made with Sparkling Water:
Simple Syrup (1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar…heat over medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved and liquid is clear again..completely let cool)
4 cups of Sparkling Water
Juice of 8 limes (or enough to get to 1 cup)
Lime wedges to garnish
Add all ingredients together and stir till combined. Poor over ice and enjoy!
Want it to be a Cherry Lime-ade? Add some grenadine.
How do you get yourself to your “feel good” moment?
Every hump day (or Wednesdays for those who don’t know), Ozarka® Brands Sparkling Natural Spring Waters is sharing some of their favorite ways to feel good and escape the midweek hump.
Head over to the Ozarka® Brands Sparkling Natural Spring Waters Facebook page every #HumpDay to have a feel good moment and share your own.
Linking here: Sweet Tea Social