With the fall comes game day get togethers and parties. And what’s a good gathering without some snacks? I love chips and dips and wings as much as the next person but sometimes it’s nice to have something on the lighter side to balance the heavy out. There’s nothing wrong with a fruit and veggie tray but if you’re looking for flavor, a carrot stick is just not going to cut it. These Cajun Chickpeas have a savory kick and are a great snack food to pop in your mouth like peanuts or chips but won’t have you needing those Thanksgiving pants.
2 cans chickpeas well drained and patted dry
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 large clove of garlic minced
1 teaspoon sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons Tony Chachere Seasonings
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the oil, garlic, sugar, and Tony Chachere seasonings.
3. Add chickpeas and mix well to coat with mixture.
4. Spread chick peas on an even layer on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Roast for 25-30 minutes stirring once.
6. Sprinkle with salt and SERVE HOT.
This is such an easy snack to throw together for a party or even a healthy snack to make for the family on the weekend. And are definitely best when served hot. The Tony Chachere’s give them just a little kick to satisfy that savory snack craving. So enjoy the game day food but maybe pair it with these definitely not rabbit food but still light Cajun Chickpeas.