If you are a hot cocoa fan or a s’mores fan, then you are going to be a fan of boozy marshmallows. Talk about taking your cocoa and s’mores up a notch! I am a huge hot cocoa lover and I’m excited for the day that the weather in Texas gets cool enough for me to break out the hot cocoa.
3 packages unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 cup of light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 Tablespoon of vanilla
1/4 cup of bourbon
powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Place the unflavored gelatin and the cold water in the bowl of an electric mixer. Let it hang out while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, light corn syrup, salt and ½ cup of water and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Raise the temperature up to 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.
3. Remove from the heat.
4. Turn your mixer on low speed and slowly add in your sugar syrup to the gelatin mixture.
5. Turn the mixer on high speed and whip until it’s really thick, about 15 minutes. Add in the vanilla and bourbon and continue mixing until well incorporated.
6. Take a 9×13 baking dish, sprinkle the bottom with powdered sugar. Make sure you get a good covering of powdered sugar.
7. Pour the mixture on top of the powdered sugar layer. Smooth out if needed (using a spatula sprayed with cooking oil).
8. Add another layer of powdered sugar on top.
9. Let sit out overnight for the mixture to dry out completely.
Enjoy by themselves or in your favorite hot cocoa or s’mores recipe!
You can check these boozy marshmallows out in action in this Boozy Bacon Bark Recipe I did for Petit Jean Meats blog!
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten’s Homemade Marshmallows.
(Where I Party)