As I’m sitting here catching up on the draft, some fun things are occurring. Here’s what I learned during the 2014 #NFLDraft:
1. Not many people like Johnny Football (aka Johnny Manziel).
3. Best tweets of the night:
“Your drunk great aunt will stop asking you when you’re getting married at family gatherings #BeforeManzielGetsDrafted” #girlsgonedraft via @MegCady
“BREAKING NEWS: Johnny Manziel pulls a Kanye West, snatches the Mic and calls his own name.” #girlsgonedraft via @ozchrisrock
“Leo has been passed up 5 times for an Oscar and it’s a damn shame. Johnny was passed up 21 times today and it was awesome #girlsgonedraft” via @elizzkathrynn
“W/ that pick Tim made the “OH sh&Ts about to go down!” reaction that I make when the Real Housewives are at a dinner party #girlsgonedraft” via @KALIWOOD02
4. Watching some of the reactions of the players names called….this is the NFL son. Get excited! YOU MADE IT!! Not very many people get to be in your shoes!
5. Jason Verrett (Cornerback) from my Alma Mater TCU was the 25th first round pick of the NFL Draft…GO FROGS!
6. The NFL seriously needs a MANDATORY cheering section for all First Round Draft Picks. #justsayin See this tweet >>>
“This is getting awkward. This is like at high school graduation when my name was announced and everyone was like, “who?!” #girlsgonedraft” via @iamsarahwebb
7. Watching ESPN Draft guys with all their papers spread everywhere and their glasses on…reminded me of Adam Sandler’s “Back to School” song…if they need that much paper for a draft…good lord what do they need for football games???
8. From my girl Karly…”That even the best looking players on paper can’t get picked without a team attitude lol” SO TRUE!!! You are not a one man show!
9. The unofficial 1st round pick went last in the First Round of the Draft…what are those odds? Will Teddy Bridgewater bring the Vikings back??
10. Girls rock at Tweeting about Sports. Some of the best tweets EVER! #girlsgonedraft