This post is written in partnership with Market Street. All recipes, stories and opinions are my own.
Cranberries and pears are in abundance this time of year and I thought they’d be a great pairing in a fall cobbler. The tart cranberries, sweet pears and drop biscuits marry together in this super yummy fall dessert.
2 bags of fresh cranberries, rinsed
4 pears, cored and sliced
2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup orange juice
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 sticks chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon cinnamon, for dusting
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Cook 1 bag of the cranberries, pears, the sugar, the spices, and the orange juice over medium heat until the berries have all popped.
3. While the filling is cooking, make the dough.
4. Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and 3/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl.
5. Rub in butter with your fingers until a coarse meal forms.
6. Gradually mix in 1/3 cup hot water until a soft wet dough forms (some lumps are okay).
7. Pour filling into 9×12 baking dish.
8. Stir in the other bag of cranberries into the cooked filling.
9. Drop clumps of dough over filling. Be careful with how big you make these clumps. You want them to cook all the way through.
10. Dust remaining sugar and cinnamon over biscuits and filling.
11. Cook for 40-45 minutes (or until biscuits are cooked through and slightly browned on top).
Serve with ice cream if you’d like!
I cooked this dessert in my Lodge Baking Dish (it’s actually called a Roaster). I am ABSOLUTELY loving my Lodge bakeware. I’ve been a huge fan of Lodge Cast Iron skillets since I started cooking. There’s nothing like a good seasoned cast iron skillet. I was thrilled to learn they had a Cookware & Bakeware line as well. If you are in the Dallas area, go shopping at Market Street. They’ve got the Lodge Cookware & Bakeware promotion going on right now (through January 6th)! For every $10 you spend buying groceries (we all need groceries!), you earn 1 e-sticker. You still have plenty of time to earn stickers towards all the amazing Lodge products!!
Partying Here: Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop