How many of you are still working on your Christmas shopping lists?? Never fear! I’ve got some solutions for you that are quick and simple, plus I’m going to show you how to wrap it up, all nice and pretty. So get your pad and pencil out (or cell phone..ha!) and start taking notes! First up, those last minute gift ideas!
I picked up the Dove Shae Gift Bag from Walmart as one of my last minute gift ideas. Because when in doubt…go beauty! So many different options for men and women. You really can’t go wrong here!
I loved how it all came packaged up in it’s own carrying case. So basically you’re getting 2 gifts in one (well there’s lots of items within the carrying case, but you get my drift)! Score! Now that I have another item checked off my list, it’s time to wrap it up. Skip the hustle and bustle of trying to coordinate wrapping paper and bows and use kraft paper to wrap your gift. You can find it in the office supply section and really, it’s just good to have around your house in general. It’s gift wrapping 365, y’all. Perfect for everything!!
Okay, so here’s what you’ll need:
Roll of Kraft paper
Roll of 4″ burlap (just enough to wrap around the package)
Skinny gold ribbon
Initial Letter Ornament
1. Roll out the kraft paper and set your gift on it to figure out how much you will need and cut.
2. Bring one side up and over your package and then the other side. Secure with tape.
3. Because of the shape of my package, I opted to “candy-twist” the ends. Simply gather one side of our ends and twist. Tie off with some of the gold ribbon to secure in place.
4. Repeat on the other side.
5. I then took about 6 inches of ribbon and looped it back and forth, back and forth. Until I had about 8 loops on each side. (Think like you are making figure-eights). I cut the end away from the ribbon roll and then cut a small piece to tie around to secure the middle of my loops.
6. Tie to the package end with another short piece of ribbon, then proceed to cut the loops in half (take your scissors into each loop and cut, to make 2 strings)
7. Take your scissors and curl each string down to make it fluffy on the end.
8. Repeat on the other side.
9. Take your burlap and wrap it around the package and secure.
10. Then take a small piece of gold ribbon to bunch up the middle of the burlap on top of the package.
11. Create another loop (like you did for the each end) and secure to the tied off burlap (I just pushed one side of my loops underneath the knotted ribbon that I used to bunch up the middle of the burlap and then tied each ends of my loops together like I was tying my shoes).
12. Cut the loops again, as before and curl each piece.
13. Finish off by tying in an initial letter ornament.
14. Super easy gift wrapping option!!
If you are needing more quick gifting ideas, head to your local Walmart and look for gift sets from Axe, Dove and Caress. All perfect gifts!! And really…so easy to wrap!!
(Where I Party)