These cupcakes. The best cupcake I’ve had in a good long while. The a fluffy yellow cupcake batter that is super moist and has a great flavor. Not too sweet and just a hint of the maple flavor. The Maple Buttercream topped with Crown Royal Maple Syrup & Candied Bacon completes this cupcake. Y’all….you NEED to make these soon. Like I’m making another batch this weekend. They are that good!! So, let’s get to the recipe for my Crown Royal Maple Cupcakes…
Crown Maple Cupcakes
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/3 cup whole milk
1/3 cup Crown Royal Maple
4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/3 cups self-rising flour
1. Preheat oven 350F.
2. Line your cupcake pan with liners (x24). Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter & sugar with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape the sides of the bowl.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until the mixture smooth.
5. In a small bowl, combine the milk, Crown Royal Maple, pure maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
6. With the mixer running at slow speed, add the flour to the sugar/butter mixture in thirds. Add the first third, then add half of the milk mixture. Let it mix for 30 seconds and then add in the second third of the flour and then add in the other half of the milk mixture. Let it mix for 30 seconds before adding in the final third of the flour.
7. Divide the batter evenly into the cupcake liners, filling about 2/3rds full.
8. Bake 18-20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely before icing.
2 sticks of butter, softened
3.5 cups of powdered sugar
6 Tablespoons of Pure Maple Syrup
In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the softened butter for about 30 seconds. Add in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Mix for 30 seconds, starting on low speed and then increase to medium high. Scrap the sides of the bowl. Repeat until the 3 cups of powdered sugar is all combined. Add in the maple syrup. Mix on medium/high speed for 3-4 minutes. Frosting will be creamy. Chill until you are ready to frost your cupcakes.
4 strips of bacon
1 cup of dark brown sugar
1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven 400F.
2. Get 2 bowls. Pour maple syrup in one and add the bacon to the maple syrup bowl.
3. In the 2nd bowl, combine the dark brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
4. Once the bacon is fully coated, place one piece at a time in the sugar mixture. Coat completely.
5. Place coated bacon on a wire rack on top of a piece of foil on a baking sheet.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until bacon is cooked and dark brown in color.
7. Let cool until you can handle the bacon (don’t let it cool too much or it will glue itself to the wire rack).
8. Crumble the bacon and set aside until after you frost the cupcakes.
Crown Royal Maple Syrup
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons Crown Royal Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
In a small pan, bring the sugar and water to boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Add in the Crown Royal Maple, butter, pure maple syrup and pure vanilla extract. Continue boiling for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the syrup cool. It will thicken as it cools. Once cooled, pour/drizzle on cupcakes.
To assemble, frost the cupcakes, sprinkle some candied bacon pieces and then drizzle the syrup on top.
Partying Here: The Scoop