This post is written in partnership with Target. All stories and opinions are 100% my own.
I keep saying this over and over, but I LOVE that it is fall. And Texas is finally getting with the program regarding temperatures, so it now FEELS like fall outside—crisp mornings and cooler temps in the evenings. I’m busting out the blankets and hot cocoa over here.
Last month, I shared about my first ever Target Beauty Concierge experience. This month, I made another trip to learn about some new eye makeup techniques: the cat eye (perfect eye makeup for a simple Halloween costume) and the smoky eye.
Sadie gave me some great tips and recommendations on both eye makeup looks. Here are her tips for the perfect smoky eye and cat eye:
Smoky Eye Tips
* Be dramatic: The smoky eye is all about drama.
* Choose dark shades: Go bold with your choices.
* Go with the darkest of dark eyeliner and mascara in black: Make sure to read the color on the labels! Eyeliner and mascara are not always just black or brown.
Sadie’s take on the smoky eye is to pick dark colors that complement your eye color. For my eyes (gray-blue), she recommended dark brown and green tones for the eye shadow, and jet black for both the mascara and eyeliner. She recommended a felt-tip eyeliner for the smoky look because it was more like paint than a pencil.
Cat Eye Tips
* Use an eye shadow base/primer to keep everything place.
* Pick a neutral color (same color as your skin tone) for your eye shadow.
* Choose a liquid eyeliner in the darkest of blacks.
* Draw your cat eye outline first and then color or fill it in after.
Sadie pointed me in the direction of a liquid liner she felt I could control for my first attempts at the cat-eye look. She also recommended I go with a champagne-colored eye shadow so it just highlighted the look of the eyeliner and the cat-eye look.
The cat eye can be a fun, simple look for any Halloween costume. You can choose to go bold with the cat eye or more playful—so many options for this fall eye look! I am really enjoying my Target Beauty Concierge experiences! I’m getting pro tips at Target! Plus, being able to chat one-on-one about my specific needs for beauty and makeup without visiting a department store is a win-win for me. I HIGHLY recommend you find the nearest Target offering this program and chat with the Target Beauty Concierge! They know their stuff and can make the perfect recommendations for your needs!
Find your style @TargetStyle.
Happy shopping, y’all!
(Where I Party)